PURPOSE: To direct a comprehensive program of internal auditing within the Organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) plus five (5) years’ relevant experience at a senior level. Or
- ACCA or equivalent plus six (6) years’ relevant experience at a senior level Or
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy plus eight (8) years’ relevant experience, at least five (5) years at a senior level. Or
- CAT complete /ACCA Level 2 plus ten (10) years’ experience, at least six (6) years at a senior level.
- Considerable Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, auditing standards, and techniques required to perform audits
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and listening skills
- Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgements and result-oriented decisions.
- Possess excellent inter-personal relationship and sound leadership qualities.
- Conflict management skills
- Resource Management
- Demonstrate continuous professional development.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable to the Guyana Water Inc.
- Proficiency in a range of software applications.
- Demonstrates affinity for integrated audit approach (IT audit knowledge, electronic work paper experience, and/or Computer Assisted Auditing Tools would be a plus).
- Ability to work as a team member.
Interested persons should send applications with Curriculum Vitae to the Director, Human Resources Management & Development, Guyana Water Inc., Vlissengen Road, Georgetown or firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver by hand to the Human Resources Department no later than November 25, 2016. Applications from suitably qualified persons from within the Caribbean are also welcomed.